Have you been taking good care of your braces during their alignment recovery? If you have not been in for a checkup at N.J. Nicastro Dental PC in a while, you should consider calling us for an appointment to ensure your treatment is coming along as it should. The better care you give for your braces, the better care they can give to you.
Keep your aligners in pristine condition. Here are many helpful hints that can keep your smile shining bright during recovery:
– Take extra caution when protecting your teeth and braces. If you are doing any strenuous activity, such as winter sports, or contact sports, be sure to wear proper safety gear such as helmets, mouth guards, and face protectors.
– Always make sure to practice safe and effective oral hygiene habits, including brushing and flossing your teeth. Use dental tools that are specially designed for braces.
– Always be sure to visit your orthodontist, Dr. Nicholas Nicastro Jr. for all your regularly scheduled appointments and adjustments. Any skipped sessions could delay your recovery time and hamper your treatment effectiveness.
– If you have a retainer, always make sure it is cleaned adequately.
– Certain foods and snacks can get lodged between your teeth and braces. If possible, avoid harmful products that can get stuck in these areas.
– If you should suffer an oral accident which damages your braces, use your orthodontist-provided wax until a visit can be made to fix your braces,
For more tips and helpful hints to keep your braces at their best, please contact N.J. Nicastro Dental PC to schedule an appointment or oral exam. Our office is located in Port Jefferson Station, New York, and we can be reached by calling us at 631-928-2020. We look forward to shaping your smile!