The Halloween season is upon us, which means, cool costumes, leaves changing into a myriad of colors, pumpkins all over the place, and oh yeah…lots and lots of sugary candy. You need not fear, there are plenty of ways to care for your teeth this season, both now, and for the rest of your life:
– Use a mouth-guard or face mask when playing sports that can cause a mouth injury. If applicable, consistently clean your mouthguard.
– Have your wisdom teeth checked by a dentist.
– Avoid sugary drinks such as soda.
– Avoid hard candies.
– Have a dentist or doctor check you for any eating disorders.
– Avoid risks that may damage oral health like mouth jewelry, including lip rings.
– Know your complete dental history.
– Schedule regular visits with your dentist.
– Use safe teeth whitening products. Discussed any product(s) with a dentist.
– Try to use products dentist-approved, or with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
Don’t forget to remind all Vampires this Halloween to practice safe biting techniques too, and don’t forget to floss between your fangs!
If you have any concerns about what to bite or not bite this season, or to schedule an appointment, please call N.J. Nicastro Dental PC at 631-928-2020 to talk to a member of our team. Call us, or stop by our office in Port Jefferson Station, New York, and we will make sure your stay with us is fantastic!